Agent: Cliff Jacobs - Managing Principal Estate Agent & CEO (Nat.Dpl.Hotel Man (UJ). M.P.R.E.)
Agent Cellphone: +27 (0) 84 413 1071 / +27 (0) 61 716 6951
Agent Office Number: +27 (0) 21 554 0283
Agent Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yield: Not Disclosed
Trip Advisor Code: 54654156416
Joie De Vivre County House
The facility is located off the R44 (3 km off the N1, Exit 47) in the heart of the Cape Winelands, 20 km from Stellenbosch, 15 km from Paarl and 25 km from Franschhoek.
The facility is housed on 7,6 h of land, part of which is rented to a horse company. The guesthouse comes with 500m of land.
The nearby hamlet of Klapmuts houses a service station and small supermarket but is earmarked for major development in 2015.
Amenities and Buildings
The country house and conference centre consists of the following:
- 21 bedrooms in two distinct sections ie.
- 15 bedrooms in the main section all en-suite 11 of which bedrooms are under thatch
- 6 bedrooms are located separately with shared en-suite bathrooms
- 2 air conditioned conference and function venues located completely separately to allow 2 conferences to take place simultaneously
- Games Room which converts to a small conference or boardroom
- Dining Room, Lounge,Bar and Kitchen in the Main section adjoining the 15 bedrooms.
- Outside entertainment Areas as follows
- Adjoining Conference Room no 1 and rooms there is a pool and braai area with an on site pizza oven and seating for approximately 70 people
- Adjoining conference 2 and within walking distance to rooms 16-21 there is a pool area with seating for approx 100 people
- deck area leading off from the bar with panoramic views – accommodates about 80 people
These outside eating areas have dedicated ladies’ and gents’ toilets. A small satellite kitchen is attached to conference 2.
The entire property is bordered by lovely gardens, which are mainly indigenous and water wise. daisy bushes, geraniums and other plants border the paths and pools.
- Manicured lawns surround both pools and there is a large field which has a volleyball court, a pond and a makeshift soccer field. This is used for in house teambuilds.
- Power and Lighting : Electricity is provided directly from Eskom. The gardens are all lit with energy saving lighting. Geysers all have blankets. The internal electricity grid is modular so that sections can be switched off when not in use without disturbing those sectors in use. Alternative power supply devices are available for both conference rooms and the kitchen has gas stoves.
- Water is pumped by 2 on site boreholes with abundant water. The water is tested by UWC twice annually. The water system for the guesthouse exits the tanks at 4,5 bar which is more than adequate for the showers and baths to be in use simultaneously. Just like the electricity system, the water supply is modular so that one sector can be switched off, without disturbing the entire system if repairs are required. A reliable contaractor, L Ruster Pump Services, has been attending to the water systems for the past 10 year and is available on o83 448 1457 regarding any queries.
- Sewerage. A large sewerage tank disposes of waste materials. This system does not require emptying as chemical Fatkin /Pitkin is used which automatically bio degrades the waste material.
Here for google map